Hi, I'm Liz!
I’m Liz McMahon, Gut Health Dietitian, coffee addict and mom of two! I suffered from digestive issues since I was little and probably went through a lot of the same stuff as you: visits to the gastroenterologist, labs, studies and LOTS of diets. Over time, I figured out my own IBS triggers and healed a not so fun case of SIBO.
I’ve worked in the nutrition field for over a decade, and while I’ve learned a lot from other practitioners, my most important teachers have been my patients. They’ve taught me resilience, compassion and that nutrition is not one size fits all.
Over the past few years, I’ve seen a surge of interest in gut health. This is so exciting for my field, but it’s unfortunately led to fad diets, bogus supplements and a lot of wasted time and money.
With me, you will embark on a journey of understanding and appreciating your body's unique nutritional needs.
You’ll discover that the right diet isn’t about restriction, but rather about nourishing your body with what it truly needs.
So whether you’re looking for help resolving your IBS symptoms, figuring out how to live with gastroparesis or just hoping to enhance your relationship with your gut & food, I’m here to help! As we embark on this journey, you’ll benefit from my:
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) certification
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) credentials in Pennsylvania and Maryland
- Certification as a Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC)
- Master of Public Health (MPH) in Nutrition from West Chester University
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nutrition & Food Science from Drexel University
- Low FODMAP Certificate of Completion from Monash University
Each of these credentials contributes to my ability to provide you with the best possible care on your path to better health. Let’s take this journey together!